Summary: This position is responsible for processing and recording all accounts payable transactions to ensure accurate accounting reports and records and will complete full cycle accounts payable functions ensuring timely processing and recording of these transactions.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Compile, organize, code, and post all invoices and credit memos.
- Communicate with appropriate district personnel to obtain confirmation/verification of services and request subsequent approval for transactions billed that cannot be matched to purchase orders.
- Maintain daily log for invoices that may be only partially posted or cannot be posted at all. This log will serve as basis for accrual at month-end.
- Document clear and effective communications with vendors and district counterparts to resolve any issues that prevent invoice processing. Examples: billed services for which no receipt has been posted, price discrepancies, incomplete or missing information on invoices, etc.
- Follow guidelines to link invoices, credit memos, and relevant correspondence to entries in accounting system.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to reconcile vendor statements and save reconciled statements to electronic vendor files as part of month-end process.
- Ensure that all assigned monthly closing activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Pull invoices as assigned for weekly payment runs.
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of accounts payable files and annual purge to storage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years previous experience in an accounts payable role
- Proficiency in utilizing ERP software - preferably Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with superior work ethic and initiative
- Detail-oriented problem solver with ability to respond to inquiries with limited supervision
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.