Summary: Provides electrical services to support well site hydraulic fracturing operations for electric powered US Well Services Clean Fleet®. A mobile micro-grid generates power using turbine engine generators and the power is distributed to hydraulic fracturing equipment.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Comply with all standards and procedures set forth by US Well Services, LLC
- Must develop working knowledge of USWS Clean Fleet® equipment
- Be available by phone 24 hours a day while on scheduled rotation
- Must provide own basic tools and understand their proper use
- Moderate use of hand and power tools to work with and repair electrical equipment
- Must use proper grounding techniques
- Must possess basic understanding of various schematics
- Must perform proper and safe cable routing
- Promotes ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and lead by example
- Will be required to complete all USWS training including Flash Arc Training and Basic Electrical Safety Training as provided
- Must be able to determine appropriate level of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the specific assigned task
- Must properly use ladders and safety harnesses
- Must be able to properly use various tools such as: multimeters, meggers, scopemeter, along with other hand tools needed to complete the job
- Be able to exercise the proper use of wiring techniques for 110 V A/C, 240 V A/C, 600 V A/C, and 13.8 KV single and three phase power
- Understand and be able to interpret electrical symbols on schematics and blueprints
- Must be able to apply theory in electrical principles for troubleshooting equipment malfunctions
- Be able to test and repair A/C motors, transformers, switchgears, electrical substations, circuit breakers, variable frequency drives (VFD’s), soft starts, air conditioners, and motor control centers
- Must be able to rig in and rig out a mobile electric micro-grid that powers electric oilfield equipment
- Must be able to ground electric oilfield equipment and certify that it is properly grounded
- Must be able to inspect and repair power and communication cables for electric oilfield equipment.
- Test and repair electrical equipment on a turbine engine generator
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Be able to mentor other employees that are new to position
Qualifications Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience minimum in Electrical field with knowledge of A/C power and A/C motors, preferable working with high voltage.
- Ability to work rotational schedule, including long and/or occasionally irregular hours such as a 15 days on 6 days off.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess a Journeyman or Master Electrician License issued by the state of the District advertising the opening.
- Clean MVR
- Low Voltage Gloves
- Current National Electrical Code (NEC) Manual (for tech support)
- Flash Arc Suit*
- 20 KV Sleeves*
- Shepherds Cane or Equivalent*
- Work Place Specific Electrical Manuals*
*Company will provide these items. See Supervisor for details and list of required basic hand tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures, wind, precipitation, in addition to working at heights and chemicals may be experienced when working in the shop or yard. They must be available seven days per week when on duty and required to be reachable by telephone whenever the need arises. Willingness to wear all necessary PPE when required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
APPLY TO AREA OF INTEREST BELOW WITH LINK
PENNSYLVANIA OR OHIO
CORPORATE OR REGIONAL OFFICE