Summary: Supervises all accounting employees and is responsible for the development, analysis and interpretation of accurate accounting information in the General Ledger and for all USWS financial statements. Works with CFO and all other accounting personnel to establish accounting policies and procedures to ensure sound internal controls and compliance. Works with other functions (especially Operations) to be sure accounting processes support realistic and practical field level activities including timely and useful reporting.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Ensures compliance to US GAAP and the establishment of accounting policies and procedures with respect to internal controls and the facilitation of business transactions.
- Supervises Accounting Manager and AP Supervisor.
- Oversees day-to-day management and leadership of accounting staff.
- Responsible for invoicing, credit management, collections, accounts payable, general accounting, payroll, sales tax returns and fixed assets.
- Supervises Sales Tax return preparation.
- Manages monthly, quarterly and year-end close, reviews journal entries and financial statements for accuracy and timeliness.
- Works with CFO and functional managers to develop operating and capital budgets, forecasts, the Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Business Reviews, and analysis of variances to actual results.
- Drives the management of working capital and cash flow (A/R, A/P, and Inventory)
- Responsive to respond to all Board of Manager requests.
- Reviews and maintains internal controls to safeguard Company financial assets.
- Reconciles assets and liabilities against supporting documents.
- Reconciles ledgers to GL; understands and directs system processes.
- Primary contact for external audits and supports audits by follows-up to ensure compliance with recommendations.
- Documentation of internal controls in compliance with principles.
- Effectively assists in supervising assigned Accounting personnel, ensuring optimal performance and accountability to their job duties.
- Interviews, selects and trains accounting personnel (other than AP Specialists). Coaches and supports, reviews and documents performance, administers disciplinary actions where necessary, and analyzes and addresses training needs.
- Advises CFO on changes needed to ensure that accounting functions are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and Company procedures.
- Ensures timely, accurate and effective reporting and processes that support the needs of other functions for information with particular emphasis on support for field operations.
- Responsible for the supervision of all employees within their areas of authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field. Master’s degree and/or CPA designation desirable.
- 8-12 years of progressively more responsible professional accounting roles.
- Prior leadership experience with supervising all levels of accounting personnel.
- Strong knowledge of advanced financial accounting practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with related auditing and data processing functions.
- Understanding of accounting systems with preference for experience with NAV.
- Field operational accounting experience in oil field services highly preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously.
- Proven strong time management and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, graphs, and charts.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid state driver's license and reliable transportation may be a requirement of this job. CPA preferred.
General office environment. May require up to 25% travel to field operational locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.