Technical Professional I
* CDL Required
Summary: Provides technical support and customer contact for the field. Prepare frac designs write, and present technical reports for management prepare coordinate operational strategies and objectives for the district. Assist technical advisor in technical fleet operations. Usually assigned to a specific fleet.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Prepares frac designs, including fluids, proppant, volumes, and additives based on a basic open hole log review and/or pump schedules
- Understands the post Marcellus well fracturing fluid flow back chemistries and scaling tendencies of these waters
- Performs general tasks with Prophet data acquisition software and NRG hydraulic fracturing pumps, blenders, and hydration units
- Performs general tasks with Accufrac data acquisition software and Stewart & Stevenson fracturing pumps, blenders, and hydration units
- Provides on-site computer modeling (FracPro) and data acquisition software support
- Performs net pressure, observed net pressure, and measured bottom hole pressure analysis using FracPro
- Understand and monitors pressure matching in FracPro and recommends changes
- Maintains real-time mass balance data on prop-pant and fracturing additives
- Prepares and distributes post job reports and post well hydraulic fracturing summaries including analysis and observations
- Performs tasks to ensure quality assurance of all on site materials.
- To perform tasks to track material delivery rates for quality control.
- Communicates with on–site Customer in a professional manner
- Perform tasks for an on-site water analysis
- Performs basic tasks with the Excel Job Packet
- Provides technical support and training for stimulation supervisors, fluid technicians, and operators
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent 2-3 years Field Electronic Tech experience.
- Minimum of 9 months in Hydraulic Fracturing Technical experience required. Subject to change at Managers discretion.
- Must have strong computer skills with a good knowledge of Windows, NRG hydraulic fracturing pumps, and Prophet Data Acquisition software.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, technical skill, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sensitive to confidential information.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and external contacts.
- Able to learn company specific applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Commercial Operator’s license or the ability to obtain one and a satisfactory driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
Works in varied environments and geographical areas and sometimes, in what may be considered harsh environments. Exposure to extreme temperatures, wind, precipitation, in addition to working at heights and chemicals may be experienced when working in the field or plant locations. They must be available seven days per week when on duty and is required to be reachable by telephone whenever the need arises.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.