Parts Room Inventory Clerk
Summary: The Parts Room Inventory Clerk is to handle the day-to-day inventory responsibilities of store room items, so as to provide support to the operations and maintenance organizations. In addition to synchronizing the inward and outbound course of inventory items, the Parts Room Inventory Clerk is also accountable for maintaining records of quantity and value of material stocked in the establishment. All shipments arriving at the facility are to be checked by the Parts Room Inventory Clerk for accuracy against the Bill of Lading (BoL) and invoice.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Ensure all transactions in the Store Room are documented at the time of the transaction and recorded in the accounting system within 24 hours of completion of the transaction or work order.
- Verify contents of shipments received match the Bill of Lading and the Purchase Order. Contact vendor if errors are found.
- Track open PO’s for store room items.
- Submit PO’s to replenish store room items.
- Interface with vendors to improve vendor performance.
- Document and track vendor performance issues.
- Monitor store room inventory levels and recommend changes to match usage.
- Conduct physical monthly inventory counts and physical cycle counts as directed.
- Monitor store room traffic to minimize unauthorized access.
- Ensure vendor managed inventory is tracked accurately and monitor charges.
- Assist maintenance and operations by providing them with requested items and maintaining appropriate quantities.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately utilize the accounting & inventory software to track, maintain and report movement of inventory items.
- Reconcile physical inventory counts with system counts at least monthly and more often as directed.
- Work to achieve 95% inventory record accuracy.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of store room area.
- High School diploma or GED
Skills, Training and Experience Qualifications:
- Must possess knowledge and skills in windows based computer systems. Must demonstrate competency in business software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess flexibility and the capacity to handle wide range of situations and personalities.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, government entities and their employees, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
APPLY TO AREA OF INTEREST BELOW WITH LINK
PENNSYLVANIA OR OHIO
CORPORATE OR REGIONAL OFFICE