Summary: The Procurement Analyst is to demonstrate excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills when identifying potential areas of savings in order to implement favorable solutions. In addition to identifying and problem solving the Procurement Analyst is also accountable for analyzing, creating and maintaining accurate monthly spend analysis reports. Professionalism is to be displayed when communicating with all vendors, coworkers and corporate office employees to facilitate an excellent working relationship.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- During the first week of the month, assist Sand Reconciliation Clerks by ensuring all previous month’s sand tickets and hauling bill of ladings are documented and received against the appropriate PO’s. Provide analysis of sand and sand hauling for the month.
- During the first week of the month, assist Sand Reconciliation Clerks by receiving and helping to input railcars, barges, and monthly rental fees into the inventory system. Provide an analysis of inventory turnover.
- During the week following the close of the previous month, create an analysis of the previous months spend to identify potential areas for saving money.
- Create and maintain a record of leased equipment as well as develop and implement an asset replacement plan.
- Assist in handling vendor requests for information, vetting vendors through Avetta, identify and create strategies to consolidate vendors and leverage spending to lower costs.
- Communicate effectively with field workers, supervisors and vendors to resolve discrepancies between purchases and invoices as well as inventory issues while analyzing purchase patterns.
None. Must have or be able to develop the ability to train, coach and provide technical direction on inventory information to District operations and maintenance personnel.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired.
Skills, Training and Experience Qualifications:
- Must possess knowledge and skills in Windows based computer systems. Must demonstrate a high level of competency in business software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook. NAV or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience is necessary. Must have a good understanding of business accounting processes.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess flexibility and the capacity to handle wide range of situations and personalities.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, government entities and their employees, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.