Summary: Support well site and/or shop to repair and maintain all equipment and tools, in order to optimize equipment and employee productivity with a focus on Pumps.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
1. Monitors/maintains level of fluid end parts, supplies, and tools which include but not limited to:
i. Valves and seats
ii. Packing kits
iv. Pony rod clamps
v. D-rings (suction & discharge)
vi. Suction/discharge valve covers
vii. Valve springs
viii. Suction/discharge hex caps
ix. Packing nuts
x. Packing nut stop(s)
i. Hydraulic pancake jack
ii. Threaded rod
iii. Seat puller
iv. 6-pound sledge hammer
v. Suction/discharge cap puller
vi. Hammer wrench
vii. Packing nut bar
If a tool is deemed unsafe it must be taken out of service and replaced immediately.
2. Performs frac pump fluid end repairs, which include but not limited to:
a. Inspects fluid ends for deficiencies, (cracks, wash outs, or “wash boarding” of stuffing boxes)
b. Replace or pair
3. Inspects pumps for performance during pumping operations
4. Inspects and verifies proper function of the greasing system including:
a. Inspects for obstructions in the grease lines
b. Verifies the greaser reservoir is filled before pumping operation begins
c. Verifies the proper grease is being filled into the reservoir
i. “00” grease-temperatures above 50 degrees
ii. “000” grease- temperatures below 50 degrees
d. Inspects packing gland nuts after every stage to ensure packing gland nut stops are in place
e. Must maintain rotational schedule of fluid ends to be inspected and/or serviced. Must inform the supervisor, crew chief, and pump
operator of which pumps will be serviced.
f. In the event a pump develops an issue during a pumping operation and is not on the next scheduled maintenance rotation, it should be
added to the next maintenance rotation.
5. Personal knowledge and compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
6. Promote ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and lead by example.
7. Promote operational policies, procedures and standards.
8. Ability to work flexible work schedule, including long and/or irregular hours
9. Must have a telephone or pager and the ability to be on 24 hour call as needed.
10. Communicate effectively with Supervisor in planning and execution of services.
11. Maintain safety standards at all times; shop, yard, location and while traveling.
12. Works with operations personnel to ensure needed repairs are performed when needed.
13. Use of basic hand tools and lifting devised in performing maintenance.
14. Performs routine startup/shutdown of pump equipment.
15. Perform routine preventive maintenance as needed.
16. Maintain work areas and perform housekeeping tasks
17. Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, squat and handle, or feel components of equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach and use both hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal office and outdoors environment including close up computer work.
Work Environment Works in varied environments and geographical areas and sometimes, in what may be considered harsh environments. Exposure to extreme temperatures, wind, precipitation, in addition to working at heights and chemicals may be experienced when working in the field or plant locations. They must be available seven days per week when on duty and is required to be reachable by telephone whenever the need arises. Able to work internally or externally in extreme heat or cold climates.
This role requires friendliness, along with credibility in maintaining effective relationships with vendors, customers, members of the community, and employees, as well as other affiliated companies, departments or districts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
APPLY TO AREA OF INTEREST BELOW WITH LINK
PENNSYLVANIA OR OHIO
CORPORATE OR REGIONAL OFFICE