Summary: The employee in this position has the tactical responsibility for the safe, clean, efficient, and effective operation and maintenance of a mobile micro-grid in accordance with all company policies and standards. The mobile microgrid is primarily composed of the following equipment with 13.8kVAC, 600VAC, and 480VAC components: Gas filtration, gas compression, mobile turbine generators, switchgear, transformers, and electric pumps which are used for electric powered hydraulic fracturing. He/she is responsible for directing and supervising the power generation technicians, medium voltage electricians, and contractors to ensure the electrical micro-grid system is operated and maintained in a safe, clean, efficient, and effective manner.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Selects and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques
- Identifies staff and training needs and ensures that training is obtained
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
- Checks daily logs to determine proper operation of equipment
- Lays out and inspects completed work on natural gas supply lines, gas filtration, gas compression, turbine generators, switchgear, transformers, ground cables, power cables, communication cables, and other medium and low voltage electrical equipment.
- Instructs employees in standard operating procedures and company policies
- Requisitions supplies, materials, and repair parts
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports of key performance metrics and other information
- Makes estimates of labor and/or materials for repairs
- May occasionally perform any task assigned to subordinate staff, consistent with any licensing or certification requirements
- Performs related work as assigned
- Uphold and enforce employee compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Personal knowledge and compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Promote ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and lead by example.
- Promote all operational policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
- Must have a telephone and the ability to be on 24 hour call.
- Responsible for job set up, travel, and return for all personnel and equipment.
- Work with all operations to ensure trouble free operations.
- Responsible for job set-up, product deliveries, and power generation job quality.
- Ensure all equipment meets maintenance and safety standards.
- Enhance operational methods and techniques.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Responsible for knowing the timekeeping process and accountability for accurate input and approval.
- Ability to learn and use Microsoft GP and/or similar ERP systems
- The Electrical Power Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all employees within their areas of authority including power generation technicians, medium voltage electricians, and 3rd party contractors.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a high school degree or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Commercial Operator's license or the ability to obtain one and a satisfactory driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
Works in varied environments and geographical areas and sometimes, in what may be considered harsh environments. Exposure to extreme temperatures, wind, precipitation, in addition to working at heights and chemicals may be experienced when working in the field or plant locations. They must be available seven days per week when on duty and is required to be reachable by telephone whenever the need arises.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
APPLY TO AREA OF INTEREST BELOW WITH LINK
PENNSYLVANIA OR OHIO
CORPORATE OR REGIONAL OFFICE