Gas Turbine Generator Technician
Summary: The employee in this position is responsible for the safe, clean, efficient, and effective operation, repair, and maintenance of mobile gas turbine generators (Solar Taurus 60), gas compressors and gas filtration in accordance with all company policies and standards. The turbines provide electricity for a mobile micro-grid that is primarily composed of the following equipment with 13.8kVAC, 600VAC, and 480VAC components: Gas filtration, gas compression, mobile turbine generators, switchgear, transformers, and electric pumps which are used for electric powered hydraulic fracturing. The technician will perform hands-on mechanical field service work on the equipment.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Comply with all safety standards and procedures set forth by US Well Services, LLC
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Operate turbine generators and other equipment to provide power for electric powered hydraulic fracturing operations
- Rig down and rig up of turbine generators, gas compressor, gas filtration, and other equipment
- Perform maintenance on turbine generator, gas compressor, gas filtration, and other equipment
- Use hand tools and small power tools to conduct general maintenance
- Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic component repair or replacement of parts to as directed
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other mechanical systems
- Must provide own basic tools and understand their proper use
- Promote ethical behavior in all aspects of the business and lead by example
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Will be required to complete all USWS training including Flash Arc Training and Basic Electrical Safety Training as provided
- Must be able to determine appropriate level of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed for the specific assigned task
- Must be able to climb ladders and steps
- Must properly use ladders and safety harnesses
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Assist with electrical work under the direction of an Industrial Medium Voltage Electrician
- Possess working knowledge of USWS Clean Fleet Equipment (electric powered hydraulic fracturing)
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- 1+ years of work as a technician on turbine technology, aviation maintenance, OR natural gas compression
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in turbine technology, aircraft engine, or equivalent military training Preferred
- 2 years of work as a mechanical technician on turbine technology Preferred
- Ability to work rotational schedule (typically15 days on, 6 off), including long and/or occasionally irregular hours
- Ability to travel
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Clean MVR
- •Generation Certificate, or Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate, or equivalent Preferred
- Basic Hand Tools
- Work Place Specific Manuals*
- *Company will provide these items. See Supervisor for details and list of required basic hand tools
Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures, wind, precipitation, in addition to working at heights and chemicals may be experienced when working in the shop or yard. They must be available seven days per week when on duty and required to be reachable by telephone whenever the need arises. Willingness to wear all necessary PPE when required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
APPLY TO AREA OF INTEREST BELOW WITH LINK
PENNSYLVANIA OR OHIO
CORPORTE OR REGIONAL OFFICE