Summary: Plan, manage, and coordinate human resource activities of the District organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain sub-functions including employee relations, compensation, recruitment, human resources policies, and regulatory compliance.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and help resolve work-related problems related to HR policy, programs and benefits..
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications.
- Explain company policies, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Conduct employee training on use of HR systems
- Plan and conduct new hire employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning human resources-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism.
- Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicant’s employment acceptability.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Prepares documentation on unemployment claims and participates in hearings as company representative.
- Represent organization at human resources-related hearings and investigations, including unemployment and worker’s compensation.
- Recruit for staff vacancies as needed. Prescreen applicants and provide interview input to selection process.
- Files workers’ compensation claims and follows up on progress of workers who are on leave or restricted duty and coordinate activities with HSE and Corporate HR.
- Maintains calendar indicating time off requests.
- Posts all employee time, including hour’s worked and special pay into ADP time recording software. .
- Audits payroll register to ensure changes were made and payroll is accurate. Makes corrections as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Records sick, personal, and vacation time on payroll records. Provides information to employees and supervisors.
- Communicate and explain benefit plan details and ensure benefit plan forms are completed accurately.
- Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications and merit increases.
- Assist in accurate development and maintenance of DQ files.
- Determined by District, may include HR Assistant and/or Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information without sharing
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and situations.
- Excellent keyboard skills to keep computerized records.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise poise, tactfulness, diplomacy, and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with ADP Payroll and timekeeping system.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ prior experience in human resources or related field.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or related major preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Ability to receive your PHR certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain friendly and effective contact with employees, vendors, customers of the company, members of the community, and employees of other affiliated companies, departments or divisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.